-

Follow us as we travel the world; loving the overlooked, serving those in need and making Jesus known.

Monday, May 4, 2015

T R U S T always.

It is not always like leaning back in a recliner and forgetting about life's troubles. Sometimes it's work- a lot of work, it's believing for something you cannot see and sometimes you have absolutely no right to. It's accepting the fact that you don't have control over a situation or circumstance and realizing that He does. It's knowing that by trusting Him, that does not mean the situation will turn out the way you have planned, but the way He intends it to. Trust is not glamorous, in fact, it's usually terrifying. But even in all of this we know that in trusting Him, He cares. We can trust Him because in knowing Him, we know that He is always good.

We've been facing this reality a lot lately. Trusting that we're in missions because that's where God has called us and that he will provide all that we need while we're here. My greencard to stay in the United States is turning out to be a lengthly process which has required a lot more effort and expenses than we would have expected. But in all of this God is good and he has a plan. It's so simple to type it out, one sentence actually. But to live it out I'm finding is a daily decision to be made. For me to trust him, it requires fear and worry to leave. I'm learning that I cannot have both. I cannot claim to trust the Lord and still keep fear in my back pocket, that in itself is a complete contradiction. Trust compels me to release the grip I have over my situation and fear encourages me to tighten it. So today, this week, and this month I'm choosing trust.


I'll be posting sometime again in the next two weeks to keep everyone updated on what we're up to! But until then we would greatly appreciate your prayers, specifically that we would trust in the Lord with everything that we have! Love you all!

The Hendrixs

No comments:

Post a Comment