-

Follow us as we travel the world; loving the overlooked, serving those in need and making Jesus known.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

----> p.r.o.g.r.e.s.s r.e.p.o.r.t

     Well tomorrow marks exactly TWO WEEKS until we leave for Greece! The amount of support and supplies that have been donated in the past month continually blows me away and has been a daily reminder of God's faithfulness in mine and Connor's life. I wanted to personally thank every single person who has donated money towards us getting over there and to anyone who has donated to the sock drive. This has only been made possible through the sacrifices you all have made.

Just to give you guys an idea of how much has been brought in I wanted to show you the numbers:

Connor & Sarah's Grand Total to get to Greece: $7530.00
Total still needed to be raised: $2958.00

This means we have raised a total of: $4572.00 in only ONE MONTH!

Sock Drive Stats:

Pairs of Socks: 154

Blankets: 22

Hats: 16

Mitts & Scarves: 9

Money donated: $400.00 (This amount has been given in cash to go and buy the socks ourselves)
*The money donated above has not yet been spent*

This is our supply so far!
Kids socks from Target!


Every single person who has sacrificed their time and money to support this cause is going to be a part of something so much bigger than them. By clothing someone who is not able to clothe themselves you have brought the love of Christ. One single pair of socks can change one person's life and you have all been a part of that. This mission is not just about Connor and I or our team, because the people that send and support are just as much a part of the mission as the people going. So I wanted to acknowledge the people behind the scenes, because without your love and support the mission is never possible.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.'"
-Jesus

For those of you who have read this and not had the time or chance to be a part of supporting financially or through the sock drive it's not too late! There's still 2 weeks left and every single bit makes a difference.

Love you all,

The Hendrixs

No comments:

Post a Comment