-

Follow us as we travel the world; loving the overlooked, serving those in need and making Jesus known.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wrapping Up Our Time


As I sit in the Lesvos airport right now it's hard to comprehend that I'm getting on a plane. To say that serving in this tent behind me has changed my life feels like such a cliche and an understatement. When The Lord told our team to come here over 15 weeks ago we had no idea what this outreach would look like, who we would be working with or what ministry would consist of. Over the past 10 weeks we've served over 70,000 meals in this kitchen behind us. We've met thousands of people from all over the Middle East and North Africa. The stories we've listened to have broken our hearts and forever changed our perspectives. The Lord took our team, a group of people who by any other perspective were not qualified to handle the situation we were thrown into, and used us to love and feed people who are fleeing war and persecution. As I sit hear I'm overwhelmed by the goodness of God in bringing us here. As we drove to the airport another raft landed on the shore, and all I could do is pray. Pray that The Lord would send more people to work in this refugee crisis. That there would be more people willing to stand on the shoreline overnight to get people out of the sea, or more people willing to make hot soup for 8 hours a day. And ultimately that one day he would let me come back to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment